As we are living in a digital society, it is felt that to achieve the objective of Multi-Sectoral Development Programme (MsDP), it is necessary to equip the targeted group with knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and enabling them to use ICT services in their day to day work. The Cyber Gram initiative under Multi- Sectoral Development Programme is an effort in achieving this target.
The initiative intends to cover students of Class VI to Class X belonging to Minority Community notified, as per Section 2(c) of the National Commission for Minority Act 1992, and residing in areas covered under Multi-Sectoral Development Programme.
Its primary objective is to provide hands-on training in computers for the students of Minority Community and to enable them to acquire basic ICT skills that would empower them to:
- Become digitally literate
- Actively participate in knowledge based activities
- Access financial, social and government services
- Use Internet for communications
- Reinforcing the learning of trained beneficiaries by providing free Internet access for 30 hours.
For more details, visit http://www.cybergramyojana.in